Bad Luck Comes in Sevens
At Lou’s Bar & Grill, the staff knows what you want and the best way to serve it to you. Hard sell, soft sell, cold call, or arranged meeting, Lou, Sheila, and Moe present temptations of all kinds. In their line of work, the specialty of the house is a Faustian Bargain, but it will cost you dearly as these customers are about to find out. Their tastes run toward the seven deadly sins-wrath, sloth, greed, lust, pride, envy, and gluttony.
These sins have long been recognized for their ability to insidiously and greedily fill the person to the exclusion of all else. Each one seems like such a small thing. Getting in the deal is always easy. Getting out is another thing altogether.
* Crazy Moon: Wrath. Laney embraces wrath to get what she’s always wanted
* Sixes Wild: Sloth. Four poker buddies try to get their wildest dreams the easy way.
* Snake Oil Man: Greed. Jeremiah wants money so badly he’ll give up everything for it, even peace of mind.
* Keeping Up Appearances: Envy. Tina tries a new photo-editing program that can change reality.
* Crime of Passion: Lust. One of the few returning customers, Brad sells his soul to live with a demoness, but she lures him on to a life of crime.
* The Sore Loser: Pride. Craig hates to lose so much he’ll sign a contract whereby he can’t win.
* Changing Ways: Gluttony. Angie can’t stop eating, but Lou shows her a way to stay thin.
Read these tales warning you that when the Devil writes the contract, he’s in the details.